Rioles Law Offices
local 401.680.9686
toll-free 800.836.8278

Review your parenting plan to make sure you understand it

After going through a divorce, you are probably ready to have some time away from your ex. If you have children, you might not be able to get this time because you and your ex will still have to deal with other when it comes to the children. There are several things that you can do to make this easier. Here are a few tips we have for you:

First, make sure that you understand the parenting agreement that now governs the situation. If there are any points that you don't fully understand, find out what they mean for you.

Next, keep things cordial. Even though you don't really want to have to look your ex in the face, you will likely have to because of the children. The good news here is that you know you won't have to deal with that person for very long, and you don't have to go home with your ex at night.

Another thing that you should do is avoid trying to use the children as messengers. Try to keep them out of any disagreements you have with your ex. Don't say bad things about your ex to your children.

We know that this is a trying time for you. It is almost always better to try to work things out than it is to start a new battle. When you can't come an agreement with your ex, it might be time to consider a modification petition to get the issues handled. We can help you learn more about this option so that you know if you are going to try to resolve the issue this way.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us Today


Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Rioles Law Offices
426 Broadway
Providence, RI 02909

Toll Free: 800-836-8278
Phone: 401-680-9686
Providence Law Office Map