Thorough, Tactful Representation For High-Asset Divorce Cases
Divorce is a complex legal process. After all, it touches every aspect of a person’s life, from their relationship with their children to their finances and livelihood. Divorce cases involving individuals or couples with significant assets can be particularly complex, requiring additional professional resources and discretion in order to protect the assets and professional interests of high-profile individuals.
At Rioles Law Offices in Providence, Rhode Island, attorney Brenda F. Rioles has the skills, resources and knowledge to represent doctors, lawyers, business executives, business owners and other professionals in divorces involving high assets.
Expert Representation You Can Trust To Protect All Of Your Property And Best Interests
With more than 30 years of experience handling a wide range of family law matters involving numerous high-income cases, Ms. Rioles understands that high-asset division often requires particularized expertise and discretion in order to successfully preserve the estate and protect the client. With so much at stake, attorney Rioles provides skilled and thorough assistance and often works closely with professional experts to resolve a wide range of issues:
- Family businesses, closely held businesses, business partnerships or other business ventures – Attorney Rioles will assist with obtaining accurate business valuations, appraisals, etc.
- Pension and retirements and investments: She will assist with obtaining domestic relations orders necessary to effectuate the division of pensions and retirement accounts.
- Real Estate – Rioles works with professional real estate valuation experts to make sure all the real property you hold – whether it be your family home, a vacation home or another form of real estate – is properly valued and equitably divided accordingly.
- Jewelry, furnishings, art and other collectibles – Although inherited/gifted property is not subject to Rhode Island equitable distribution laws, commingling and transmutation can create and complicate an already tenuous situation. Ms. Rioles can help you take a thorough inventory of these types of assets to help you correctly identify what is considered marital versus separate property.
- If a buyout is needed to retain a certain piece of marital property, Ms. Rioles can provide assistance, including guidance on how this buyout may impact the final divorce settlement and potential tax implications, if applicable.
- Cars, boats and other vehicles – Whether the vehicle is considered a collectable or not, Ms. Rioles will work to ensure any vehicle in your possession is carefully and accurately assessed for its fair market value to ensure you receive your fair share.
- Club memberships and other quality-of-life assets – Rioles understands that it may be necessary to consider or divide certain quality-of-life assets to maintain a certain lifestyle.
Attorney Rioles can help you make informed decisions and participate in the important choices that will determine and enhance your post-divorce quality of life.
In addition to possessing a vast knowledge of issues common to high-asset divorce cases, Ms. Rioles works with an eye toward the future in order to create a durable agreement that maximizes and protects your assets and your future.
Plan Today For A Better And More Prosperous Tomorrow
You have worked hard to accumulate high net worth. At Rioles Law Offices, Ms. Rioles will work hard to protect your assets and finances during your divorce and to provide the dignity, privacy and integrity that you need during this difficult process. Call 401-680-9686 to schedule an appointment with her.